This training set emphasises the differences in definition, technical characteristics, benefits, and the evolution of each existing transport mode, clarifying terms such as MRT, LRT, and BRT that are commonly used.
- Developed by: Egis
- Level of Expertise: Practitioner
- Language: English
- Keywords: Innovation, Public Transport
- Time (minimum): 1h
This training set emphasises the differences in definition, technical characteristics, benefits, and the evolution of each existing transport mode, clarifying terms such as MRT, LRT, and BRT that are commonly used. Accordingly, the training set explains how one size does not fit all: specific modes are more relevant than others, depending on identified needs. Secondly, methods to choose the most suitable urban transport modes for a city are covered. Another focus of this training set is to broaden the audience's vision and direct their focus to future innovations for urban transport. Participants must understand the goal, challenges and methods to promote innovative transport. Finally, this training set discusses innovative tools and solutions through practical examples.
- Have a clear and unbiased picture of existing urban transport modes
- Obtain critical analyses on the multiple modes of urban mobility
- Understand tools to optimise and enlarge service offers and their compatibility in each city
- Main drivers of innovation
- The future of urban innovation
- Existing urban transport around the world
If you are interested in accessing this training material, please get in contact with the MobiliseYourCity Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org