MobiliseYourCity impact in 2023: revealing 7 key takeaways from our Global Monitor data collection
As every year, the MobiliseYourCity Global Monitor is the perfect moment to take stock of our impact. After seven years strenghtnening the ties of an international Partnership, we and our partners are stronger than ever in achieving our purpose: contribute to economically vibrant, safe, and just cities for all urban residents of today and the future.
Two months of data collection were followed by updating over 50 factsheets on our member cities and countries. After analysing the data and aggregating results of our work throughout the year and around the world, we have identified 7 key takeaways:
- SUMPs and NUMPs preparation has helped mobilise nearly 1.7 billion euros for the preparation of projets contributing to sustainable urban transport
- SUMPs and NUMPs elevate walking and cycling in their investment plans
- SUMPs and NUMPs are potent instruments to contribute to the decarbonisation of urban mobility
- Measures to professionalise paratransit are being included in SUMPs and NUMPs, and these measures are moving to implementation
- The relationship between SUMPs and land use planning is increasingly making it into SUMPs
- SUMPs participatory processes are encouraging more ambitious long-term visions and objectives
- Our data confirms general global trends but also has some limitations
Download our Global Monitor 2023 to delve into the takeaways.