JOIN THE TEAM | MobiliseYourCity is looking for a Mobility Capacity-Building Intern
Launched at COP21 in Paris, the MobiliseYourCity Partnership is a leading global Partnership for sustainable mobility of nearly 100 partners, including 70 city members and 15 country members.
Thanks to the generous contributions of the European Union, the Agence Française de Développement (AFD), the French Ministry of Ecological Transition (MTE), the German Federal Ministry for Economic Development and Cooperation (BMZ), the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV), and the French Facility for Global Environment (FFEM), as of February 2022, our Implementing Partners have raised 40.7 million euros in grants to support 38 member cities and 8 member countries with technical assistance and project preparation.
The Partnership is implemented by AFD, GIZ, ADEME, Cerema, CODATU, EBRD, KFW, and Wuppertal Institute. Our Implementing Partners are working with cities and countries all over the world to develop scalable solutions to improve mobility in complex environments.
We are a Partnership dedicated to enabling transformative change in urban mobility. By leveraging the unique core competencies of a wide range of organizations, we act as a knowledge hub and collaborate to generate solutions that exceed what we could do alone, helping make lasting positive change possible.
The partnership mainly supports its city and country members by assisting in the preparation of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs), National Urban Mobility Policies and Investment Programs (NUMPs), building capacities and engaging regional Communities of Practice through trainings, online platforms, peer-to-peer exchanges, and events.
- Assist in the development and implementation of capacity-building activities, such as training workshops, online courses, and peer-to-peer learning, for urban mobility practitioners and policymakers in Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia and Africa.
- Support the conceptualisation, planning, and moderation of training series (virtual or face-to-face), including preparation documents (invitation, agenda, ppt).
- Support the organisation of events such as the presentation of methodological guidelines for urban mobility and communities of practice events.
- Assist with research and data collection on topics and projects related to urban mobility in Latin America, Asia, and Africa.
- Prepare and contribute to the writing of short technical articles, guidance documents and presentations for external and internal project communication, as well as supporting the content and presence of the website, social media and intranet. And contribute to the development of joint communication materials, such as newsletters, website content and social media messages.
- Support the development of factsheets, SUMP and NUMP summaries, and lessons learned documents.
- Supporting knowledge management, network management, and the exchange of information within the team and towards external stakeholders
- Ongoing or recently completed university studies in transport, economics, engineering, politics, communication or social sciences or a related field. Student or have completed studies at the latest six months prior to graduation
- Professional fluency in French and English. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus
- Knowledge of the challenges of sustainable urban mobility, especially in the Global South required
- First relevant professional experience in international development cooperation, especially in the field of climate change and transport/urban mobility preferred
- Affinity and enjoyment of working with digital/social media, organisational skills, commitment as well as independent, reliable, and team-oriented way of working
- Good feeling for language and skilled in writing and editing texts
- Autonomy, proactivity, and the ability to effectively use information and data
- Good knowledge of common office programs (especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and design software (e.g. Adobe InDesign, Photoshop) and an openness to AI software
Conditions of employment
Location : Global Secretariat of the MobiliseYourCity Partnership
Rue Archimède, 61
Starting date: November 2023
Duration : 6 months
Deadline for applications: 8th of October 2023
Application: Click here
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
Candidates must also hold a Belgian work permit, which in case of non-EU nationality must be uploaded when applying.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.350,- (gross). Please note that the contract will be concluded under Belgian law. GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mr Vemuri (email@example.com).