The MobiliseYourCity Partnership is a leading global Partnership for systemic and transformative urban mobility planning, facilitating investments and linking local action with the global sustainability agenda (Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement).
The partnership mainly supports its city and country partners by assisting in the preparation of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs and NUMPs), building capacities and engaging regional Communities of Practice through trainings, platforms and events, and amplifying the cities’ initiatives outreach.
As an intern at the MobiliseYourCity secretariat in Brussels you will be mainly focusing on capacity building and the development of the regional Communities of Practice. The secretariat consists of an international team of 5 people of which two are GIZ staff.
During your internship your tasks will evolve around supporting Capacity Building activities and supporting the facilitation of the Communities of Practice and you will work autonomously to capitalise on the work done by our implementing partners in member cities for knowledge sharing purposes. Concretely, this means:
- Support the development of regional Communities of Practice specifically in Africa in the scope of the MobiliseYourCity training series and other events such as the “Transport and Climate Change Week” (moderate LinkedIn groups, communicate with planners from member cities etc.)
- Support the transformation of webinar material from the Mastering Mobility training series into modular courses
- Support the conceptualisation, planning and moderation of training series (prepare agenda and PPTs)
- Prepare content and material on sustainable mobility planning, climate finance, informal transport and digitalisation for online workshops, co-creation sessions, the knowledge platform and articles (prepare PPTs, proposals, report descriptions etc.)
- Analyse and evaluate existing Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs) and best practices from member cities and countries to capitalise on learned lessons from completed projects and complement MobiliseYourCity tools and material
- Support the communications team in the creation of content for social media and the MobiliseYourCity newsletter
- You are studying in the third semester (or higher) in one of the following disciplines: Transport, Urbanism, Public Governance, Sustainable Development, Economics, Political Sciences, Civic Engineering or similar
- You are proficient in English and French, knowledge of Spanish would be advantageous
- You are passionate about all topics around sustainable transport and informed and interested on urban transport related challenges in the MobiliseYourCity regions of Asia, Latin America or Africa
- You are a creative and independent worker that can be a proactive part of a team that spreads over different locations and was used to remote working long before the pandemic
- You are curious, open-minded and experienced in the communication with high-level institutional partners
Duration: 6 months (starting in January)
Remuneration: €1.225,- and additional benefits
Application: Apply here
Deadline for application: 11th November
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mr Sasank Vermuri (email@example.com).