JOIN THE TEAM | MobiliseYourCity is looking for a Communications Intern
MobiliseYourCity is looking for a Communications Intern. If you speak French and English, have an interest in NGOs and are passionate about sustainability, you might be the person we are looking for.
Launched at COP21 in Paris, the MobiliseYourCity Partnership is a leading global Partnership for sustainable mobility of nearly 100 partners, including 65 city members and 15 country members.
Thanks to the generous contributions of the European Union, the Agence Française de Développement (AFD), the French Ministry of Ecological Transition (MTE), the German Federal Ministry for Economic Development and Cooperation (BMZ), the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV), and the French Facility for Global Environment (FFEM), as of February 2021, our Implementing Partners have raised 40 million euros in grants to support 39 member cities and 9 member countries with technical assistance and project preparation.
The Partnership is implemented by AFD, GIZ, ADEME, Cerema, CODATU, EBRD, KFW, and Wuppertal Institute. Our Implementing Partners are working with cities and countries all over the world to develop scalable solutions to improve mobility in complex environments.
We are a Partnership dedicated to enabling transformative change in urban mobility. By leveraging the unique core competencies of a wide range of organisations, we act as a knowledge hub and collaborate to generate solutions that exceed what we could do alone, helping make lasting positive change possible.
The partnership mainly supports its city and country members by assisting in the preparation of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs), National Urban Mobility Policies and Investment Programs (NUMPs), building capacities and engaging regional Communities of Practice through trainings, online platforms, peer-to-peer exchanges, and events.
The MobiliseYourCity Secretariat consists of an international team of 10 people of which 5 are financed by AFD, and 5 by BMUV. The advertised position is financed by AFD.
- Monitor developments and share key information on urban mobility-related events, publications, innovations, news on related initiatives and key actors and institutions
- Produce short synthesis knowledge products based on ongoing or completed project activities
- Support in the preparation and implementation of events including webinars, steering committee meetings and in-person trainings
- Draft and organise social media content to promote on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Contribute to social media quantitative and qualitative analytics reporting
- Contribute to the development of visual communications products such as PowerPoint presentations, and other visual media using Adobe Package when necessary
- Support with translation and editorial work of the newsletter and knowledge products
- Write short contributions for the MobiliseYourCity Newsletter with inputs form partners
- Support with administrative tasks as needed, including contact management
- Currently enrolled student of public policy, communication or marketing with an interest in NGOs
- Passionate about sustainability and contributing to a fair future
- Great communicator, with excellent writing skills
- Good knowledge and strong interest in social media
- Familiar with climate issues
- Good knowledge of the Adobe Package is a plus
- Ability to work in a decentralised international and multicultural environment
- Full working proficiency in English and French is required, Spanish is highly desirable, native English speaker is a plus
Conditions of employment
Location : Global Secretariat of the MobiliseYourCity Partnership
Rue Archimède, 61
Occasional international travel (in Europe) is required
Starting date: September 2022
Duration : 6 months
Contract : Contrat d’insertion professionnelle
Compensation: 800 EUR/Month
Deadline for applications: 19th August 2022
Application: Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including Cover Letter and CV in English
CODATU encourages qualified applications regardless of national origin, ethnicity, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health status or disability.